CALL US : 660.663.2331
Glorifying God by Building up and Reaching out
INTENTIONAL DISCIPLESHIP TABLE TALKS
Intentional Discipleship (see photos below): One of our centered church commitments is to build up Christian disciples so that they can reach out to help build up other Christian disciples who make more disciples and so obey Jesus Christ's command to us as a church in the Great Commission which is the mission of the church. To see a sermon on this mission click the following link of the sermon titled "Benefiting from the Discipleship Commission."
*The importance of expository preaching and discipleship and its relationship to the Great Commission in our particular local church was explored in the sermon series at FBC Gallatin titled Centered Commitments.
*After our initial launch of our discipleship table talks in the Fall of 2021, a three part series on Intentional Discipleship was preached about doing spiritual good to one another by pointing men, women, and children to Jesus.
Table Talks: Round table co-ed theological interactive discussions on various topics led by pastor Daniel. The plan for these table talks was introduced in two sermons in that series titled Intentional Discipleship and The Great Commission.
Meeting Semesters: Fall Semester & Spring Semester (2 month (~8 meetings) blocks with large breaks in between)
Meeting Time: Thursday's 5:30-7:30pm
Meeting Requirements: Read short weekly theology and other ministry related books based on the particular semesters theme. Both men and women are invited and participation is completely voluntary and though each topic and semester builds off of each other, it is designed to easily drop in and out of it as needed since each semester stands alone without the need of prior table talks in order to benefit. In fact, each meeting has that same "stand-alone" feel to it so anyone can benefit attending any table talk meeting, but completing the reading for the discussions, and continued attendance within the semester has the greatest value to the participants, however, anyone can attend any week whether they signed up and did the reading or not as the meetings are led in an accessible way even if you haven't completed the reading.
Meeting Details: Watch a short video from The Institute for Biblical Counseling & Discipleship (IBCD) on a variety of topics (see below) related to the Christian life and discuss/apply, theology reading discussion from R.C. Sproul's "Everyone's a Theologian," and then also discuss ministry related topics based on the book theme of the semester (see below).
Pastor Daniel will have prepared questions written on a whiteboard based on the weekly reading and will lead the discussion, take notes along the way, and then provide a weekly photo of the notes for an added resource that the group can keep for review which will be sent to everyone in the group on our FBC Gallatin Discord Channel (Discord is a communication platform with mobile or online applications for group collaboration and discussion).
Getting the Gospel Right Fall 2021 (9/9—11/18/2021)
IBCD Care & Discipleship Videos, R.C. Sproul - "Everyone's a Theologian", Milton Vincent - "Gospel Primer"
Healthy Church Spring 2022 (2/17—4/14/2022)
IBCD Care & Discipleship Videos, R.C. Sproul - "Everyone's a Theologian", Mark Dever - "What is a Healthy Church?"
Rediscover Church Fall 2022 (9/22/22 — 11/17/22)
IBCD Care & Discipleship Videos, R.C. Sproul - "Everyone's a Theologian", Jonathan Leeman - "Rediscover Church"
Evangelism Spring 2023 (3/9—4/27/2023)
IBCD Care & Discipleship Videos, R.C. Sproul - "Everyone's a Theologian", Mack Stiles - "Evangelism"
Discipleship Fall 2023
Spiritual Disciplines Spring 2024
How to Study Your Bible? Fall 2024
Understanding God’s Will Spring 2025
Defending the Faith Fall 2025
Biblical Manhood & Womanhood Spring 2026
Gospel Centered Marriage Fall 2026
Gospel Centered Parenting Spring 2027
Work & Calling Fall 2027
More Discipleship Topics Forthcoming…
INTENTIONAL DISCIPLESHIP IBCD VIDEO DISCUSSION TOPICS
Table Talks: We watch half of these lectures each week and discuss and apply it to our lives and ministries.
IBCD (Institute for Biblical Counseling & Discipleship) Care & Discipleship Training Videos Level 1
1. What is Biblical Counseling? (Part 1) Fall 2021
2. What is Biblical Counseling? (Part 2) Fall 2021
3. What is Biblical Counseling? (Part 3) Fall 2021
4. General Principles of Biblical Counseling (Part 1) Fall 2021
5. General Principles of Biblical Counseling (Part 2) Spring 2022
6. General Principles of Biblical Counseling (Part 3) Spring 2022
7. How Do People Change? (Part 1) Spring 2022
8. How Do People Change? (Part 2) Spring 2022
9. Theology of Biblical Counseling Fall 2022
10. Peacemaking (Part 1) Fall 2022
11. Peacemaking (Part 2) Fall 2022
12. Peacemaking (Part 3) Fall 2022
13. Grace When Things Are Hard Spring 2023
14. Anger/Abuse Spring 2023
15. Depression Spring 2023
16. Worry/Anxiety Spring 2023
18. Temptation (Part 1)
19. Temptation (Part 2)
20. Understanding the Influences of Nature and Nurture
IBCD (Institute for Biblical Counseling & Discipleship) Care & Discipleship Training Videos Level 2
21. The Divine Design for Marriage
22. Transforming Grace in Marriage Roles (Part 1)
23. Transforming Grace in Marriage Roles (Part 2)
24. Keys to Preserving and Strengthening Your Marriage
25. Solving Marriage Problems: Conflict Resolution and Communication
26. Solving Marriage Problems: Finances
27. From Idol to Blessing (Part 1)
28. From Idol to Blessing (Part 2)
29. Counseling in Cases of Separation, Divorce, and Remarriage
30. What’s Medical About Mental Illness?
31. Caring for People With a Psychological Diagnosis
32. Parenting is More than a Formula (Part 1)
33. Parenting is More than a Formula (Part 2)
34. Dealing with Rebellious Teens: When “Good Kids” Make Bad Choices
35. You Never Stop Being a Parent: Parenting Your Adult Children
36. Knowing God’s Will